I wanted to post a quick message to let you know that the next version of WatchMe is on its way. Here’s a quick preview of some of the new features that are coming in this version:
- The application now requires version 4.0 or higher of the .NET Framework. This shouldn’t be a problem as most of you will at least have this version, but it might be a good idea to run Windows Update on your machine and make sure you have the latest .NET framework.
- New option to adjust the transparency of the application.
- New interface for adding and subtracting time from a timer.
- You can now set a timer or countdown to reset automatically each time the application is launched.
- The application now opens to the same screen position it was in when it was closed.
And finally, the ability to manually enter the time into a Timer (rather than just adding and subtracting time).
I don’t have a release date for this version yet – as always I don’t want to release anything until I feel it is ready. Saying that, I have been beta testing this version for a couple of months now and things do seem to be working well. I’m hoping to get some free time in December to finish things up so stay tuned near the end of the year for a possible release.
EDIT: Mar 27, 2013 – I’ve been beta testing the newest version with a larger group of people since December and things are looking good. There are a couple more bugs I’d like to squash in the next few days and then I might try to release in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.