There was a bug in the latest version of WatchMe (v2.4.6) that would cause issues for people first running WatchMe when it creates a brand new WatchMeConfig.xml file. This issue has been fixed in this latest release.
If you ran into this problem, you will need to delete your existing WatchMeConfig.xml file so that the proper one can be created. If you are having trouble finding this file, check out this help page for more information.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I just released a small update to WatchMe that includes a couple of features that users have been asking for and a fix for a “feature” that was driving some people nuts. 🙂
- Countdown timers now have the option to automatically restart when they hit 0. This is only available for Pro users.
- When manually entering time one a timer (right click on a timer’s time display and select Manually Set Time…) you can now enter time as fractions of an hour (e.g. 4.5 hours) along with the existing format of dd:hh:mm:ss.sss. This is only available for Pro users.
- The Ctrl-X shortcut that was added in the last version is now gone and has been replaced. Now you can cut values all you want!
This release is a smaller update that includes the following:
- New “Copy Name” option on the timer and countdown right-click menu.
- Tooltip on the time display shows date and time when the timer or countdown was last started, stopped or reset (available to Pro users only).
- Added a menu item to the Help menu that will show you a list of all of the shortcut keys available in WatchMe.
- Various bug fixes.
You can download this new update here.
Hi all – I just dropped a new version of WatchMe with a few new features and fixes. This new version includes:
- Ability to stop all timers or countdowns on the current tab (available under the Timers menu).
- New feature that warns users when they have left a timer running too long (available to “Pro” users only). Can be configured on the Timers tab in the Options screen (File > Options or Ctrl-O).
- Tool tip on Focus light now shows recent timer start and stop times (available to “Pro” users only).
- Fixed bug where WatchMe wasn’t opening to it’s last screen location.
- Notifications for timer inactivity or a timer being left on too long will flash in the task bar to make them more noticeable.
- Added more shortcut keys to the menu items. Visit http://www.flamebrain.com/help/shortcut-keys/ for a full list of all the shortcut keys.
- The time that a timer or countdown was last stopped, started or reset is now stored in the WatchMeConfig.xml file. This data will be used by new functionality in a future release.
- Various bug fixes.