This release is a smaller update that includes the following:
- New “Copy Name” option on the timer and countdown right-click menu.
- Tooltip on the time display shows date and time when the timer or countdown was last started, stopped or reset (available to Pro users only).
- Added a menu item to the Help menu that will show you a list of all of the shortcut keys available in WatchMe.
- Various bug fixes.
You can download this new update here.
Hi all – I just dropped a new version of WatchMe with a few new features and fixes. This new version includes:
- Ability to stop all timers or countdowns on the current tab (available under the Timers menu).
- New feature that warns users when they have left a timer running too long (available to “Pro” users only). Can be configured on the Timers tab in the Options screen (File > Options or Ctrl-O).
- Tool tip on Focus light now shows recent timer start and stop times (available to “Pro” users only).
- Fixed bug where WatchMe wasn’t opening to it’s last screen location.
- Notifications for timer inactivity or a timer being left on too long will flash in the task bar to make them more noticeable.
- Added more shortcut keys to the menu items. Visit http://www.flamebrain.com/help/shortcut-keys/ for a full list of all the shortcut keys.
- The time that a timer or countdown was last stopped, started or reset is now stored in the WatchMeConfig.xml file. This data will be used by new functionality in a future release.
- Various bug fixes.
Finally a new version of WatchMe! This release mostly has fixes to help with configuration file corruption that can sometimes happen when WatchMe is saving and the machine shutsdown or crashes unexpectedly.
This new version now has an automatic backup engine that will keep a number of backups of the config file that can then be restored if needed.
Also included in this version is a new option for displaying the time in a timer or countdown in seconds only.
Hopefully, this will be the first of a number of smaller updates over the next few months. Stay tuned for more!
I finally got around to releasing a new version (v2.4.2) of WatchMe this evening. It’s not a huge update, but it does have some fixes under the hood and a new “Reset Timers/Countdowns on current tab” feature.
I recommend that you update to this new version as it also contains some fixes that should help reduce possible config file corruption when your PC is turned off unexpectedly during a save cycle. But, I still highly recommend that you backup your WatchMe files to be on the safe side.